This painting is one of the most expressive works of the then twenty-year-old artist. In 1911, Schiele wrote to Arthur Roessler, who was the first owner of the painting: “It only now occurred to me that Dead Mother is one of my best.” Roessler received the painting as a gift from the artist and hung it in his study. Every part of the depiction exudes the tragedy inherent to the subject: the mother’s features are haggard, her eyes broken and her head turned unnaturally to the side as she tenderly embraces her child.A spacious and trendy tote bag to help you carry around everything that matters.
• 100% spun polyester weather resistant fabric
• Bag 15" x 15" (38.1cm x 38.1cm)
• Capacity – 2.6 US gal (10l)
• Maximum weight limit – 44lbs (20kg)
• Dual handles 100% natural cotton bull denim
• Handle length 11.8" (30 cm), width 1" (2.5cm)